Looking for a healthy, tasty summer dinner recipe. Look no further! This simple recipe will keep your taste buds happy and time on your side. Stuffed Red Bell Peppers Recipe:
4 large red peppers
1T olive oil
1 chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1T fresh garlic chopped
1 package ground turkey
3/4 cup low fat mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees.
2) Take red peppers, slice off top and remove seeds from center.
3) In a medium size pan, saute onion, garlic, mushrooms and green peppers.
4) Mix in ground turkey and cook until warm. (Doesn’t need to be cooked all the way as it is going to spend time in the oven).
5) Note: if you like a little spice, try adding 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp. paprika or a pinch of red pepper flakes to mixture.
6) In a small bowl mix mozzarella and parmesan cheese together.
7) Stand red peppers up on their end and add 1 cup of sausage mixture to each pepper and top off with 1/4 cup cheese mixture.
8) Cover cookie sheet in aluminum foil.
9) Place peppers on cookie sheet and back for 35 mins.
10) Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
For more great recipes, click on the blog button below: