My husband is a general fan of my cooking, or so I think. Maybe it is the chilly Seattle weather, but I have been making soups like it is going out of style. One recipe that I made, makes my husband’s top 10 list. It is the Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder. I just laugh because we make this at least once every other week, it is that delicious! I am not just tooting my own horn, see for yourself. This recipe was adapted from Food Network’s Chicken and Corn Chowder.
- In a stock pot, combine onions, frozen corn, bacon and chicken. Cook until the onions are translucent in color.
- Add 4 chicken bullion cubes to the pot and 32 oz of water or 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Add diced potatoes.
- Boil for about 20 minutes, making sure the potatoes are super soft and falling apart.
- Once the potatoes are ready to go, turn the heat on simmer and pour in 8 oz of heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some green onions, jalepeno or cheese to add as a topping.
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1/2 pound thick bacon, diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 – 8oz bag of frozen corn
- 8oz of heavy cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Happy New Years! Be well and take good care mamas!
For more recipes, check these out: