Everyone has their quirks. My husband has one that always makes me chuckle. Everytime he goes to the grocery store, he picks up a bunch of bananas. The last time that I saw him eat a banana was probably 1 year ago when he was training for triathlons.
Since then, the bananas seem to sit in the fruit bowl and slowly turn from a crisp yellow to a mushy brown. I am not a huge banana fan, so I definately am not going to eat them. Our daughter likes to smush them in her hands, but doesn’t really like them either. So once they turn brown, I take them and put them in the freezer. When the collection becomes 6 or more, I make banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pull out the Cuisinart and put it on the counter.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon in the Cuisinart. Keep Cuisinart on as you continue to add ingredients.
- Before you put the butter in, unwrap and heat it in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl, for about a minute, or until it’s thoroughly melted. Add to Cuisinart.
- Peel the bananas. Add to Cuisinart.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to Cuisinart.
- Grease and flour a 9″ × 5″ × 3″ baking pan (or use a nonstick baking pan or a flexible silicone pan). If you have extra, make mini loaves.
- Once the liquid and dry ingredients have been combined, stop the Cuisinart. Dump and entire bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in. Press the “on” button and then “off” button 3 times in a row. No more than that!
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake immediately.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and the edge of the bread starts to separate from the pan.
- Makes one 9″ × 5″ × 3″ loaf. Or serveral mini loaves.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6+ large, very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
Be well and take good care mamas!